The Gathering Garden now serves an educational grow space in partnership with North Idaho College. The garden serves as an outdoor community classroom to gather, learn, share, and celebrate the benefits of sustainable living.
During the growing season we host formal and informal learning opportunities. Pre-scheduled educational events are listed on our Upcoming Events page. Valuable experience is also shared every other week at our Community Workday Gatherings.
If you have a skill you would like to share, please send us an email to email@example.com. We are always looking for more ways the garden can be utilized as a learning and teaching venue.
Internships & Mentoring
Does the Gathering Garden seem like a good place for a focused mentorship, senior project, or internship? Start the conversation by sending an e-mail the garden coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the garden as a classroom. The Gathering Garden is designed as an outdoor classroom for multi-disciplinary learning, experiential field trips, and end of year/semester picnics.
We have the space and supplies to make outdoor gatherings easy.
• Covered learning area
• Picnic supplies (plates, cups, utensils, cutting boards, tablecloths, large water dispensers)
• Folding tables & picnic benches
• Garbage/recycling receptacles
• Porta-john bathroom with hand washing station.
• Drinking water
• Sustainability demonstrations: solar panels, bio-swale, green house, rainwater collection system, composting methods, food forest etc.
• Garden tools, gloves, wheelbarrows etc.
Want to reserve the garden?
For any educational purpose, contact the garden at email@example.com